We understand that your free time is really important to you. Whether it is time spent alone, or time with friends and family. We want to help you feel good, look good and make the most of these moments. Understanding and appreciating the value of free time is what we call...
Our brand mission is to design products to enhance these valuable moments.
We focus on the time that is important to you: getting home, changing into something comfy and switching off; relaxing with a great book; lounging with friends by the pool.
Times that are special, valuable or peaceful.
We apply our ‘forensic’ approach to these moments, designing products that deliver best-in-class solutions.
We design with a function first philosophy, putting your needs at the heart of the design process. Only after we have a fantastic, functionally-designed product that is extremely comfortable and perfectly fit for purpose, do we consider the form. We wrap the ‘form layer’ around the product so that it looks beautiful and features original designs that are exclusive to us.
If we do our jobs well, our hope is that you might sleep better in our pyjamas, have a spring in your step walking along the beach in our swim shorts or feel noticeably more comfortable on that long haul flight from Singapore to London.
We are thoughtful, determined, relentless, considered, pioneering, curious-minded. Whatever it takes to make the best product and enhance your experience.
If we can contribute to your enjoyment of these sorts of moments and thus enrich your quality of life, then we’ll be happy that we’ve done our day’s work.
We run the company with the primary goal ‘to protect and create jobs’.
In practice, this means the management team build their strategy and make their decisions based on two questions:
- Will this create a level of risk that is unacceptable and can negatively impact jobs?
- Does this help strengthen the company and support job creation?
We think it’s pretty straight forward.
The benefit of this approach is that we worry less about sales and profit targets. We do look at these, but we are under no corporate pressure to deliver a set level of return.
We are a life-loving brand which values our people over our figures.
Our principles of culture are as follows:
- A balanced, healthy work-life relationship is important. We do not ask or expect our staff to work more than their contracted hours.
- We all work and act with the single goal of producing the best products & services for our customers. This is our non-negotiable focus.
- Internally and externally, clear, honest communication is encouraged and used.
- We aim for the highest standards, applying our forensic approach to all that we do.
- We are a reliable and trustworthy brand and we understand that this must be earned every day.
- Pricing – we are not ashamed of our premium pricing level. Our prices are fair and we make products to last years not weeks. Our customers are prepared to pay more for well designed, long-lasting, beautiful products. High quality is the friend of sustainability and affordability.
- Common sense is critical. We value this above all other academic achievements.
- We encourage smiling, laughing and friendliness. We are a life-loving brand and we love working with like-minded souls.
We have two standalone stores in London, set in cosmopolitan neighbourhoods surrounded by the best in fashion, lifestyle and well-being experiences.
As well as our own stores, we are stocked in the best luxury retailers around the world.
Our retail partners are passionate about quality and their customers. They are discerning in their brand selection and judge brands on the quality of their products, rather than reputation alone.
They understand a brand should be a sign of quality, not a logo. They are always looking for best-in-class, beautiful clothing and put the customer’s needs at the core of all they do.Our Stores
The Rose family first entered the design and manufacture of men’s clothing when Jack Lewis Rose started out in 1926.
Derek Rose, Jack’s son, joined his father in the business in 1953 until the then business was sold in 1961. Derek continued to work in the business until the new parent company went into receivership.
After this, Derek Rose left and bought the company we know today as Derek Rose Ltd., which since 1975 has had its manufacturing base in Congleton, Cheshire.
During the 80s and 90s the company went from strength to strength as it built an international wholesale sales business working with the finest stores and boutiques in over 45 countries around the world with over two thirds of sales made outside the UK. This resulted in the company receiving the prestigious Queen’s Award for Export Achievement in 1987.
Derek Rose and his daughter, Nancy Rose-Pagani, continued to run the business until 2003 when Sacha Rose, Derek Rose’s son, joined and then took over the business.
Since 2003 the company has steadily evolved as it has developed more categories of clothing concentrated around helping people enjoy their free time.
The company opened its first retail store in April, 2016 in the vibrant area of Notting Hill, London followed by a second retail store in September 2018, in Knightsbridge, London.
Derek Rose is still family owned to this day, bringing almost 100 years of passion and expertise to its customers.