Last updated: 15th October 2020
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- personal data - title, name, age, gender, date of birth.
- contact data - billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses.
- geographical data - the country you visit our website from, your language preference.
- financial data - credit/debit details, PayPal account details, Apple Pay account details.
- transaction data - details of payments from you to us and from us to you (in relations to exchanges and refunds), products and services purchased from us.
- profile data - account details such as your username and password, preferences, clothing sizes, interests, feedback, comments, suggestions, survey responses.
- technical data - IP address, time zone and setting, internet or mobile data service provider, browser type and version, operating system and platform and the device type you are using to access our website.
- usage data - which of our website pages, products and services you interact with, which emails and other marketing materials you are sent and interact with.
- marketing and communication preferences - which marketing channels you are subscribed or unsubscribed to, how you prefer or prefer not to be contacted.
- social media data - information on which of our posts, ads or pages you follow or are subscribed to and any interactions you have with them.
- other information specific to customer surveys and/or offers.
We do not collect 'special category data' such as genetic or biometric data - this includes race or ethnicity, religion, sexual preferences, political opinions, trade union membership and information on your health. We also do not collect information about criminal convictions and offences.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over your use of other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any data which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to contact us to exercise your rights
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query. We may contact you for more information to confirm your identity. We will process any request you may have within 30 days of receipt. We have the right to refuse requests if they are unfounded and/or excessive e.g if you contact us on multiple occasions within a certain period of time. There are no charges for requests, however we have the right to ask you to cover any costs related to unfounded and/or excessive approaches.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer either by writing to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Derek Rose Limited
88 Baker Street
or by emailing us at:
You have the right to make a complaint to your country specific data protection regulator about how we have used your personal data or for anything else related to our data privacy, however we ask that you contact us beforehand so that we can attempt to deal with your complaint.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your devices storage. If your browser permits, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer - however, this may prevent you from using or taking full advantage of the website.